Take Five is a national campaign that offers straight-forward and impartial advice to help everyone protect themselves from preventable financial fraud. This includes email deception and phone-based scams as well as online fraud – particularly where criminals impersonate trusted organisations.
Remember to stop and think
- Never disclose security details, such as your full PIN or full banking password
- Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic
- Don't be rushed - a genuine organisation won't mind waiting
- Listen to your instincts - you know if something doesn't feel right
- Stay in control - don't panic and make a decision you'll regret
For more information please visit the Take Five website (opens in a new window)