Fraudsters often contact you pretending to be from the Bank, the Police or companies you trust to convince you to pay money outside your account.
A common strategy fraudsters may use is to pose to be a known company that you may use and advise that you have overpaid a payment in the past and that you are owed a refund. The fraudsters would then try to get you to use your card reader to be able to process the refund.
Follow these simple tips to help protect yourself from scams.
- Never give out your Mobile banking App Activation codes and Passcode
- Never give your full Online Banking PIN or full Online Banking password to anyone, even a caller claiming to be from your bank, the police or another company you trust
- Only ever pay money to people and companies you know & trust
- Never give out your card reader codes to anyone
- If you get a call asking you for this information, end the call immediately
- If you receive a suspicious or unexpected call, always verify the caller using an independently checked phone number such as a contact number from our website
- If you receive a request to download software to connect to your computer, and you have not initiated the conversation with the company, decline to do so