Online banking card reader
Peace of mind when banking online
- A card reader is a small hand held chip and PIN device which works with your online banking service to provide an extra layer of protection against online fraud.
- The card reader simply reads the security chip on your Debit Card and generates a code which you type into your computer to authorise certain transactions
- Simply insert your Debit Card into the device when asked to do so on Anytime Internet Banking, follow the on screen instructions and the card reader will generate a unique code. You just have to enter this code to authorise your online payment.
- You won't be asked to use a card reader for every transaction through online banking but you will need it the first time you:
- Set up a new payment
- Amend or update an existing payment instruction through online banking
- Set up a new bill payment or payment to a third party for the first time
- The card reader doesn't hold any personal information or details about you or your passwords.
Peace of mind
We use the latest technology to ensure ensure you a protected when banking online, and the online banking card reader is another layer of protection used to ensure transactions are genuine and authorised by you.
Get the most from online banking
- Your online banking card reader will give you the ability to take advantage of all our online banking services, from setting up payments and sending money abroad to keeping your personal details up to date.
- Its free to order a card reader (just click on the 'security' option once logged into online banking)...so why not order one today so you have it to hand when you need it.
I don't have a debit card to use with the card reader, what should I do?
If you don't have a suitable card to use with your card reader don't worry, we will provide you with an Anytime Banking card which is designed specifically for use with the reader. We will send this card out automatically when you order a card reader through online banking.
Can I use Anytime Internet Banking without a card reader?
Yes - you can still login to Anytime Banking, view your accounts and make transfers between the accounts you can see on Anytime Banking without needing a card reader.
You may be asked to use your card reader when:
- Making a payment for the first time (you will not need the reader to make repeat payments using the same details)
- Create or amend a standing order.
- Change your PIN or password that you use to log on to Anytime Internet Banking.
What should I do if I have lost my card reader?
If you have lost or mislaid your card reader you can order a replacement by logging into Anytime Online Banking, clicking on the 'Security' option than selecting 'order a card-reader'.
Do I need to use my card reader for online purchases?
No. Your Card Reader is used only for online banking. It does not affect the way you use a debit or credit card to make purchases online.
Will I need a card reader to login to online banking?
No - We will never ask you to login to Anytime Banking using your card reader.
If you are ever asked to do this leave the page immediately and contact our fraud team.