The following transaction types will not incurr any charges
- Sterling cash withdrawals from any UK cash machine (ATM).
- Sterling cash withdrawals from any Ulster Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland or NatWest branch in the UK, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar.
- Sterling cash withdrawals in the UK in any bank, travel agent, bureau de change or other outlet displaying the Visa logo.
- Foreign currency withdrawal in any other banks, travel agents, bureau de change or other outlets displaying the Visa logo in the UK.
- Foreign currency withdrawal from any Ulster Bank cash machine (ATM) in the Republic of Ireland.
Cash withdrawals or the purchase of currency or travellers cheques outside the UK will be charged a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee of 2.65% of the value of the transaction.
We will also charge a Foreign Cash Fee of 2.25% of the total combined value of the transaction including the Non-Sterling Transaction Fee. (minimum £2, maximum £5).
If you elect for the transaction to be converted into Sterling at the point of sale or withdrawal, we will not charge a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee, however the transaction handler may charge you a separate fee.
Purchases made outside the UK ie purchasing goods in a shop or purchases made in a foreign currency, for example online will incur a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee of 2.65% of the value of the transaction as well as a Foreign Purchase fee of 75p per transaction.
Find out more about the cost of using your card abroad