- Your organisation must be UK-based
- Create direct social impact on a community with need in the UK
- Have potential to become a sustainable product or service
20th Anniversary Grants
Helping those in need
At Social & Community Capital, our mission is to enable social enterprises, charities and community businesses to make a positive impact in UK communities. We aim to achieve this by providing grants to organisations that are unable to access mainstream funding.
Around our 20th anniversary celebrations, we are offering seven £20,000 grants to allow organisations to develop projects that create direct social impact on a community with need, and that have potential to become a sustainable product or service.
We will offer one grant in each of the following regions around the UK: Scotland, North, Midlands & East of England, South West, Wales, London & South East and Northern Ireland.
Icon expand Further requirements
Icon expand Operational Structure
Your company needs to have a legal structure as one of the following:
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Company Limited by Guarantee (without charitable status)
- Company Limited by Guarantee (with charitable status)
- Community Benefit Society
- Co-operative Society
- Industrial and Provident Society
- Unincorporated association
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Charitable Trust
- Company Limited by Shares*
- Registered charity
*Companies Limited by Shares may be eligible if they have a mission statement enshrined in their Articles, a mission lock and they cannot distribute more than 50% of profits to shareholders.
Icon expand Social Aims
Have social aims, reinvesting profits to deliver a positive impact:
- Help in one of our three key areas
- Commit to clear and measurable outcomes
- Be closely monitored to ensure aims and objectives of the project are being met and to provide evidence of impact on people who are considered vulnerable or marginalised within 18 months
Icon expand Financial Potential
Be able to demonstrate strong potential for future income:
- Not be insolvent
- Have an annual turnover of up to £2.5 million
- Have been trading for a minimum of 2 years
If you are shortlisted for a grant, we will be in touch to request further information on your organisation and project in March. We will announce the seven grant recipients in April 2020.