Protect your business
Malware is malicious software used to infect or access your computer.
- This includes computer viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Ransomware and more.
- Your computer may be infected by following a link, downloading online attachments or opening an attachment in an unsolicited/phishing email.
- Once activated Malware can redirect you to bogus screens, display on screen prompts and warning messages designed to persuade you to enter security information.
- Ransomware can take control and encrypt your files and demand a ransom to release them and restore your data.
- Once infected your computer is likely to run slowly as the malicious software works to intercept the data, particularly when you are logging in to your online account.
- Treat all unsolicited emails, particularly those containing attachments with caution, don’t open or download anything you are not sure about. Check the email address and if suspicious forward to email@example.com
- Be careful of the websites you visit and when downloading content that appears attractive or useful. It may be downloading potential Malware on to your computer. Check it is genuine and from an official source.
- Keep your browser updated to the latest version to ensure your browser security protection is as up to date as possible.
Take Five is a national campaign that offers straight-forward and impartial advice to help everyone protect themselves from preventable financial fraud. This includes email deception and phone-based scams as well as online fraud – particularly where criminals impersonate trusted organisations.