We are committed to building a sustainable bank. By this, we mean a financially sound bank that serves all our customers, and contributes strongly to our economy, society, and our communities. Balancing our business decisions by taking account of the interests of our many stakeholders is important in building a good business based on trust, and these pages outline the steps we are taking to make that happen.
At Ulster Bank, Sustainability is more than just a concept. It’s the foundation of how we are reshaping our business, to build a bank that is financially solid, focused on our customers and trusted by our stakeholders. It’s about our commitment to supporting businesses and enabling economic growth. It’s about being open and transparent. Building a sustainable business also means being a force for good in the communities where we operate.
Our Sustainable business principles are a public record of our commitment to operating to the highest standards. Embedding these principles in how we run our business is a continuing process.
- Maintaining our financial health whilst meeting our responsibilities to customers, employees and suppliers
- Keeping our customers' and employees' data and assets safe
- Protecting against fraud and corruption
- Consulting with and listening to our stakeholders
- Showing transparency in the way we run our business
- Publicly communicating our efforts to be responsible and sustainable
- Meeting our customers' needs
- Supporting sustainable and inclusive economic growth
- Helping customers in financial difficulty
A good employer
- Providing our people with tools and support to their jobs effectively and develop their skills
- Valuing and promoting diversity in all areas of recruitment and employment
- Rewarding our people fairly for their work
A responsible citizen
- Working within both the letter and spirit of the legislation and abiding by relevant codes of practice and voluntary standards. Supporting the communities we work in
- Respecting human rights throughout our sphere of influence
- Upholding environmental responsibility within the bank, and through our customers and suppliers