Supporting the causes close to your heart
How we can help
5 reasons to give to charity
Donating to the causes you care about not only benefits the charities themselves, it can be rewarding for you too. Here's some reasons to donate to the charities or causes close to your heart.
- It's better to give than to receive. Knowing that you’re helping others can help you make you feel happier and more fulfilled.
- Give a little back. For many giving to charity is a way to give back to society and tackle inequality. By using your own good fortune to help others and reinforcing your own personal values.
- Giving doesn't need to be taxing. If you’re a UK taxpayer, you can boost the amount of donations you make by giving through Gift Aid, an Income Tax relief created to help charities get the most out of the funds they receive.
- Lead by example. Sharing the experience of giving with children or loved ones is a powerful way to demonstrate that positive changes can be made in the world around us. Children especially love to help others, so nurturing this early can help them grow up with a greater appreciation of what they have, and encourage them to continue to do so in years to come.
- Giving is contagious. Your own acts of giving can inspire friends, family or colleagues to do the same. It could even bring about a collective effort to support a charity or cause that has special significance to you as a group.