Debit card alertsGet the app
We are now able to alert you with a push notification anytime you use your debit card in order to keep you safe and secure. You can simply enable this feature through your mobile app.
How does it work?
You’ll receive a notification for the following types of transactions made with your debit card:
- In-person purchases - includes chip and pin, contactless and digital wallet domestic and international transactions
- Online purchases - including Telephone and Mail Order
- International ATM transactions
Domestic ATM transactions are not included at this time, you may however receive a notification for ATM transactions when using an ATM that’s not on the Link network and doesn’t show the Link logo.
Your step-by-step guide
You can enable transaction notifications quickly and easily using your mobile app.
- Open your mobile app
- Go to My Profile by selecting the icon at the top right corner
- Tap on ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘Alerts’
- Select ‘Notification preferences’ from the menu and then switch on ‘Transaction notifications’
If you’re enabling transaction notifications for the first time you may be asked to confirm the relevant permissions on your device. You can do this by following the on-screen instructions.
If you want to switch transaction notifications off on your device, you can follow the same steps as above and turn-them off at step 05.
App available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Frequently asked questions
Icon expand What should I do if I get a notification about a transaction that I don’t recognise?
There can be a number of explanations for a transaction that you don’t recognise so we’ve added some helpful tools and advice in the app and on our website to help you find out more about a transaction.
- First check your transaction within your mobile app to get more information, just click on the specific transaction and select ‘more about pending transactions’ or ‘need help with this transaction’ which will take you to our Transaction Support Zone where you can check a list of common retailers.
- You can also get in touch with the retailer to get more information.
- If you are still unsure, follow the steps in your app on how to report it to us.
Icon expand What happens if I get a notification for a transaction that I did not carry out but fail to let the bank know?
There will be no change to our current approach to protecting our customers from fraud as a result of these notifications, the notifications are just another simple way to keep track of your Debit card transactions. However as always, we encourage you to check any unrecognised transactions as soon as possible, either directly with the retailer or using our online tools to find out more about the transaction, such as checking our list of common retailer names. If you are still unsure, just follow the steps in your mobile app on how to report it to us.
Icon expand I’ve received a notification, the transaction amount and/or date is correct but I don’t recognise the retailer name, is this fraud?
Retailers sometimes use different names when they process your transaction, so please check with the retailer that you used to make your recent purchase or use our app to check a list of common retailer names by clicking on the transaction. If you still don’t recognise the retailer, follow the steps to report this using our simple Retailer Dispute Smart form.
Icon expand Can I select which transaction types I see?
There is no option to select specific transaction types.