Home sweet home cover
Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. Only available to residents in Northern Ireland. Over 18s only.
Our cover takes care of the finer details, so you don't have to worry.
test Cover for accidental damage available
test Cover for accidental loss of money available
test Laptops, iPads and tablets covered when in the home
test New for old replaced - no deductions for wear and tear (contents cover only)
For full details of cover, any limitations and significant exclusions, please view the policy booklet and Insurance Product Information Document (IPID). If you would like a quote, please select call us for a quote
Your ‘What You Need to Know’ is available in a paper format. Let us know if you’d like this posted to you
If you have any questions about your existing policy, please contact the telephone numbers shown on your policy documents.
When you take out a home insurance policy with us we’ll fix the price for the next two renewals so you’ll know exactly what you’ll be paying.
You’ll get high levels of cover too, our buildings and contents insurance (underwritten by U K Insurance Limited) has been rated 4 Star by independent financial research company, Defaqto. What’s more, we’ll always be there when you need us, with an emergency helpline available 24/7, 365 days a year.
With the price fixed for three years, it’s one less thing to worry about.
How our fixed price policy works
Existing Home Insurance customers
An update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our colleagues in contact centres are working incredibly hard in difficult circumstances. Please only call us if it’s absolutely essential, this will allow us to focus on those customers who need us most at this time.
Please only call if:
- You have an urgent claim or your home is uninhabitable.
- You’re worried about not being able to pay your instalments, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
If you are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on your home insurance, U K Insurance Limited (the underwriters of your policy) have a dedicated help and support hub.
We could help if you're struggling to make your insurance payments because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you're finding it difficult to pay your monthly insurance payments as a result of Coronavirus, there are a few different ways we could help you. We could change your payment dates or organise a payment deferral for up to 3 months.
Before requesting a payment deferral, please read the important information below to make sure you're fully aware of the impact on your insurance.
- A payment deferral allows you to stop paying your insurance payments for an agreed period of time and if agreed, it won’t have any negative impact on your credit rating.
- When your monthly payments start again after the deferral, the amount that has been "missed" will be spread over your remaining instalments.
- We will not charge any additional interest to you so the total amount you pay will not increase as a result.
- Payment deferrals should only be used when absolutely necessary, the remaining cost of your insurance policy will still be due, but will be paid for over a shorter period.
What should I do next?
If you're struggling financially then please call us and we’ll see what we can do to help. Please don’t cancel any payments or direct debits through your bank as this can affect your policy with us and may have a negative impact on your credit rating.
Ulster Bank Home Insurance Team
Call: 0345 977 6703
(Relay UK: 18001 0345 877 6703)
Ulster Bank Home Insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
Need to make a claim?
A few simple steps to follow if you need to make a claim on your home insurance policy.
Information on how to renew your insurance policy.
Got a cover query?
For full details of cover see our Home Insurance policy document below.
Track an existing claim
To find out the progress of your existing insurance claim, call our Insurance Team.
Whether you want to discuss what's included in your policy, increase or amend your cover or if you'd like to raise a complaint our Insurance Team will be able to assist.