What you'll need
The latest version of the Ulster Bank app already installed on your device
The account type, account number and sort code as well as the first and last name of the person you are looking to pay
How to pay someone new
- Open your Ulster Bank app, tap on the account you want to make a payment from, select 'Payments' and then 'Make a payment'.
- Tap ‘Select payee’ on Apple devices or ‘Choose payee’ on Android devices and then tap 'Pay someone new'. Enter the payee's first and last name or full company trading name, select the account type (Personal or Business), then the account number and sort code details of the person you want to pay.
- Choose the amount you wish to send, add a reference for the payment and then choose the date you want to send the money on, now or in the future.
- Where a Confirmation of Payee (CoP) check is performed you will receive a response to let you know if the name you have entered matches the details for the account. If the response from the payee's bank is ‘close match, no match or unable/unavailable’ we will give you advice on what to do next.
- Tap on ‘Make payment’ for Apple devices and ‘Next’ on Android devices.
- For added security you may be asked to authorise this payment. If this happens you will see the ‘Authentication required’ screen. Just tap ‘Next’ Then re-enter your mobile app’s log in details, to re-confirm it’s you.
- Check the details on screen are correct then tap ‘Make payment’ on Apple devices and ‘Next’ on Android devices, then tap ‘Make payment’ again.
- That’s your payment complete! You can save or send a PDF copy of the payment once it's sent, if you want to keep a record of it.
Payments under £1000 can be saved on the mobile app and will also show in Anytime Banking for future use. You must be aged 16 or over and there is a maximum of 5 payments totalling £1000 per day.
How to pay someone you have paid before
- Open your mobile app.
- Tap on the account you wish to make a payment from.
- Tap on 'Payments'.
- Tap 'Make a payment'.
- Tap on 'Select payee' on Apple devices or 'Choose payee', on Android devices to choose who you want to pay. Enter the amount you want to pay and if you want to make to payment now or in the future. Tap ‘Make payment’ on Apple devices or ‘Next’ on Android devices to continue.
- * If you want to change the existing reference a daily limit of £1000 will be applied and you may be asked to authorise the payment using your app's log in details.
- Check and confirm the payment details are correct and tap 'Make payment'.
- That’s your payment complete! If you need a record of this payment, simply tap 'Get PDF confirmation' and follow the instructions on the screen.
A daily limit of £20,000 applies when sending money to your saved payees for Personal customers and a daily limit of £50,000 will apply for Premier customers, unless you change your existing reference.