Paym Registration Terms
1.1 Paym is a service offered by a number of banks and building societies, which allows money to be sent using the payee’s mobile phone number rather than their account number and sort code.
1.2 These terms apply when you register your Ulster Bank account to receive Paym payments and should be read together with the general terms that apply to the account you have selected for Paym, which for current, savings and private accounts will be the Personal Banking – Terms and Conditions
2.1 You can register your Ulster Bank account to receive Paym payments via our Mobile Banking Application (if you are registered to use mobile banking) or by calling 0345 366 7001 (From overseas +44 2381 244179)
2.2 For security reasons, you can only register the mobile phone number that we hold for you on our records. Please contact us if your mobile phone number has changed.
2.3 You can only register your mobile phone number against one account at any time. We will tell you which of your accounts are eligible to receive Paym payments at the time of registration. If you have already registered your mobile phone number with another bank or building society to receive Paym payments you will need to cancel that registration before you can register your Ulster Bank account.
2.4 You will be unable to register a joint account to receive Paym payments if that account has been set up to only accept instructions from all account holders acting together. For all other joint accounts, each account holder can register a different mobile phone number to receive Paym payments into the same account.
3 Your information
3.1 Details of your Paym registration (including your account number, sort code, mobile phone number and your name) will be stored on a central database, which is managed by Vocalink Limited on behalf of the banks and building societies who participate in the Paym service.
3.2 By registering to receive Paym payments, you agree that these details can be disclosed to and used by:
· Vocalink Limited, its employees, contractors and suppliers; and
· Any bank or building society who participates in the Paym service (including its employees and contractors),
for the purposes of providing the Paym service.
3.3 By registering to receive Paym payments, you also agree that your mobile phone number and your name can be disclosed to any other person who uses Paym. This includes customers of Ulster Bank and any other bank or building society that participates in the Paym service and will allow those customers to match your mobile phone number with your name.
4 Suspension of your Paym registration
4.1 We may suspend your Paym registration where:
· we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the security of your registration details is at risk;
· we consider it appropriate for your protection;
· we have reasonable grounds to suspect that your registration has been used in relation to fraudulent or illegal activities;
· you ask us to do so (by calling us on 0345 366 7001 (From overseas +44 2381 244 179)
· we are required to do so by law or regulation.
4.2 Unless we are unable to contact you or there is a legal reason or other circumstances beyond our control preventing us from doing so, we will tell you before taking this action and will provide our reasons for doing so. If we are unable to contact you beforehand, where possible we will tell you and give our reasons afterwards.
5 Cancelling or changing your Paym registration
5.1 You can cancel your Paym registration or change the account that you have registered to another eligible account at any time through our Mobile Banking Application or by contacting us on 0345 366 7001 (From overseas +44 2381 244 179)
5.2 We will cancel your Paym registration immediately if:
· the account you have registered is closed. This includes when you switch your account to another provider;
· the account you have registered is changed to another account in our range which is not eligible to receive Paym payments;
· the mobile phone number you have registered for Paym is removed from or changed on our internal bank records. If this happens you can register your new mobile phone number for Paym by following the registration process outlined in these terms;
· another individual demonstrates that they are in possession of the mobile phone number that is registered against your account and (i) you cannot verify that the mobile phone number belongs to you or (ii) despite our reasonable efforts we are unable to contact you to check whether you are in possession of the mobile phone number that is being disputed; or
· we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5.3 We can also cancel your Paym registration by giving you at least 60 days’ notice.
6 General terms
6.1 If we have a valid reason for doing so, we may change these terms at any time by giving you at least 60 days’ notice. If you have not cancelled your Paym registration by the end of the 60 day period, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
6.2 While we make reasonable efforts to provide a high quality of service, we will not be liable to you for any breach of our obligations where that breach is due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which would have been unavoidable despite all efforts to the contrary. This includes any suspension of the Paym service, our Mobile Banking Application or our phone lines resulting from maintenance and/or upgrades to our systems (or the systems of any party who provides our services or who is involved in the provision of the Paym service), other disruptions to our systems, outages on any phone network or in the case of mobile networks where you are not in an area of mobile coverage.
6.3 These terms will be governed by Northern Irish law if you live in Northern Ireland, English law if you live in England or Scottish law if you live in Scotland.
6.4 The Northern Irish courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising between you and us, unless you live in England where the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction or unless you live in Scotland where the Scottish courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
6.5 Paym is a registered trademark of Payments Council Limited (or its successors in title) and is used under licence.