Introducing our range of credit cards
Frequently asked questions
What is credit scoring?
Like other responsible lenders, to help us make decisions on when to give you credit, we use a system called credit scoring when we assess your application. Credit scoring helps us predict how likely we are to get back the money we lend. It's a consistent, accurate and fair way of assessing risk. We use credit scoring for applications for loans, credit cards, overdrafts, mortgages and some current accounts.
To work out your credit score, we look at:
- Information you give us when you apply.
- Your history with us.
- Information from credit reference agencies that show us whether you've kept up to date with payments on any credit accounts (that could be mortgages, loans, credit cards or overdrafts), or if you've had any court action such as judgements or bankruptcy.
How long does an online application take?
On average it takes about 15 minutes to complete an online application. To ensure you can complete the form accurately, you'll need to know:
- Your address details for the last three years
- Your income and employment details
- Your bank account number and sort code
When will I get my card?
If your application has been approved, we aim to get your new card to you within 5-7 working days.