Terms and Conditions of Use of the Ulster Bank Limited Website.
This website is owned and maintained by Ulster Bank Limited ("us", "we" or "Ulster Bank "), which is part of NatWest Group ("the NatWest Group"). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
In addition, all of our products and services have their own terms and conditions. If you are considering applying for any of our products or services, please read these first. We make these available by at least one of the following methods:
(i) by clicking the link on the relevant pages of this website;
(ii) in our branches; or
(iii) on request from us.
These should be read together with the following website terms and conditions. However if there is any conflict between the two, the terms and conditions for the particular product or service will prevail.
Use of this Website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of the NatWest Group to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Ulster Bank for personal use and for information purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, it is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the UK only.
4. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal Information". This will contain important details and/or relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of Liability
5. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
7. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
8. We accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
• economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
• loss of goodwill or reputation; or
• loss or damage which was not reasonably foreseeable,
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and/or these terms and conditions.
9. Access to and use of this website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
10. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of the NatWest Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for
(i) the privacy practices of such websites,
(ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or
(iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
11. © Ulster Bank Limited. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
12. This website contains numerous trade marks belonging to Ulster Bank and other companies in the NatWest Group. These trade marks include, but are not limited to, Ulster Bank, the Daisy logo, Ulster Bank Help for What Matters, and Henri Hippo. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of Ulster Bank or a member of the NatWest Group, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
13. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular, you should obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser before making any investment decision.
Changes to this Website
14. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally Ulster Bank shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
16. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Ulster Bank reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
17. Persons accessing this website from Australia should note that their access to, and use of, the information, services and products on this website may be prohibited under the Australian Corporations Act 2001 or under the NatWest Group's Australian Financial Services Licence. Nothing contained in this website should be construed as an authorisation to access or use the information, services or products on this website, in Australia, where such prohibitions apply.
Other Important Information
18. The information, and any opinion contained in this website does not constitute a public offer under any applicable legislation or an offer to sell or solicitation or an offer to buy any securities or financial instruments or any advice or recommendation with respect to such securities or other financial instruments.
19. This website contains certain 'forward looking statements' as that term is defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, such as statements that include the words 'expect', 'estimate', 'project', 'anticipate', 'should', 'intend', 'plan', 'probability'', 'risk', 'Value-at-Risk ('VAR')', 'target', 'goal', 'objective', 'will', 'endeavour', 'outlook', 'optimistic', 'prospects' and similar expressions or variations on such expressions.
20. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those estimated by the forward-looking statements contained in this website include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions in the UK and in other countries in which the NatWest Group has significant business activities or investments, including in the United States; the monetary and interest rate policies of the Bank of England, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and other G-8 central banks; unanticipated turbulence in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, commodity prices or equity prices; changes in UK or foreign laws, regulations or taxes; changes in competition or pricing environments; natural and other disasters; the inability to hedge certain risks economically; the adequacy of loss reserves; acquisitions or restructurings; technology changes; changes in consumer spending and saving habits; and the success of the NatWest Group in managing the risks involved in the foregoing. The risks and uncertainties are discussed in the NatWest Group's SEC filings. The forward-looking statements contained in this website speak only as of the date of the related document, and the NatWest Group does not undertake to update any forward looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
21. The information contained in this website is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any fuller disclosure document published by the NatWest Group. Any person at any time acquiring the securities must do so only on the basis of such person's own judgement as to the merits of the suitability of the securities for its purposes and only on such information as is contained such in public information having taken all such professional or other advice as it considers necessary or appropriate in the circumstances and not in reliance on the information contained herein. The information is not tailored for any particular investor and does not constitute individual investment advice.
22. Information in this website relating to the price at which investments have been bought or sold in the past or the yield on investments cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
23. The financial information published or to be published on this website, or made available or to be made available through this website, such as annual reports and quarterly reports, is compiled and placed on this website with the greatest of care. Nevertheless, only the original hard-copy English versions of this information shall be regarded as the original version. No rights may be derived from financial information published or to be published on this website, or available or to be made available through this website, including with regard to its accuracy and completeness.
24. In addition, it should be noted that the annual report and accounts of the NatWest Group which are published on this website or made available through this website, may be subject to adoption by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the NatWest Group for the year to which the report and accounts relate.
25. Ulster Bank Limited. Registered in Northern Ireland. Registration Number R733 Registered Office: 11-16 Donegall Square East, Belfast BT1 5UB. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, and entered on the Financial Services Register (Registration Number 122315). The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fca.org/register. Ulster Bank Limited registered VAT number is GB243852752.
26. Ulster Bank adheres to the Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB. Find out more at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
27. If you are not satisfied with any Ulster Bank product or service we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters. Ulster Bank is covered by The Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are still not satisfied after following the Ulster Bank procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint. You can find out more about The Financial Ombudsman Service in a leaflet available from any branch or by telephoning Ulster Bank. Alternatively you can write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR or telephone 0800 023 4566.
28. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
30. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of Northern Ireland and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Ulster Bank Limited is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The Scheme can pay compensation to customers if they are eligible and a regulated firm is unable to pay claims against it, usually if the firm stops trading or is insolvent. Compensation limits apply depending on the type of claim:
Persons dealing with any member of the NatWest Group outside the UK should be aware that they may not be covered by the rules and regulations applicable for the protection of investors in the UK and should seek advice in the relevant territory.
- Deposits - for money held in a bank or building society in the UK, the scheme will cover up to £85,000. Deposits in all currencies are treated the same. Most individuals, businesses and corporations can claim back up to £85,000 (or £85,000 for each eligible account holder if it’s a joint account).
- Investments - maximum £50,000, i.e. 100% of first £50,000 per person.
- Mortgage advice and arranging (for business conducted on or after 31 October 2004) - maximum £50,000, i.e. 100% of first £50,000 per person.
- Long-term insurance (e.g. pensions): maximum 90% of the claim without any upper limit.
- Life assurance: The Compensation scheme may cover up to 100% of the total amount of your claim.
- General Insurance:
- Compulsory insurance (e.g. third party motor): 100% of the claim, without any upper limit.
- Non-compulsory insurance (e.g. home and general): maximum 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
- General insurance advice and arranging: (for business conducted on or after 14 January 2005). Maximum 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS please refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk