We are aware that British Airways announced on 25th October 2018 that they have suffered a data breach from 21st April until 28th July 2018 which includes data for some of our customers.
As a precaution we’re reissuing Debit and Credit Cards that have been impacted by the BA data breach.
- If you’ve already received a new card since 28th July (end of the data breach) we will not replace this again
- You can continue to use your existing card until your new card arrives
- If you have additional cardholders on your credit card account, new cards will also be issued for them
We use industry-leading fraud defence technology to protect you and we work around the clock to monitor for suspicious activity on your account. We will contact you if we spot any unusual activity on your account and we will refund you if you have been a British Airways customer and your card details are used fraudulently as a result of this incident. You can monitor your account for any suspicious activity via Anytime/Mobile Banking if you think you have been affected by this issue.
Unfortunately, data theft incidents such as this are fairly common. Here are some simple steps you can take to better protect yourself:
- Sign-up for our free Account Alerts service via our Mobile Banking/Anytime Banking so you can keep track of activity on your account
- Ensure that you don’t recycle your passwords - use a unique password for your bank account and don’t reuse this password with any other online service
- Over the coming weeks, you may receive emails, phone calls, or SMS messages relating to the British Airways data theft incident. If you receive such as message, it is worth taking a few moments to stop and check whether it is genuine. We’ve worked with many other UK banks to provide free fraud advice that is relevant to all, so if you want to know more look online for ‘Take Five to Stop Fraud’ from UK Finance
We are working hard to protect you from fraud, thanks for banking with us. If you have any concerns please speak to one of our team via webchat, or by calling 0345 742 4365 (from abroad 00442890 538033) or alternatively visit your local branch.
If you are a Credit Card customer and have any concerns please get in touch by calling 0345 300 4642 for Classic and Student Credit Cards, 0345 300 4643 for Gold Cards (from abroad 0044 126 850 8018)