Step by step guide Pay your contacts using our mobile banking app
(You need to have registered for Anytime Internet Banking before you can get started on our mobile app)
To use the pay your contacts option;
- Login to the mobile app and select ‘Pay Your Contacts’
- Choose the contact you want to pay or enter the mobile number of the person you want to pay
- Enter the amount you want to pay, your name and a message - you will need to tell the recipient how much you are sending them.
- The recipient will receive an SMS including a link, when they click this link, they are taken to a secure page where they input the amount they are expecting to receive, and their Visa card details.
- You'll be notified by text message when the payment has been collected.
- The recipient has 7 days to collect a payment from the day they receive the notification
Funds will be credited within the next business day of collection.
- The sum of payments to non Ulster Bank app users cannot exceed £250 a day. This limit is independent of your daily withdrawal and 'Get Cash' limits.
- The process shown above is for the iPhone and Android devices, steps may vary slightly.
- Pay Your Contacts lets you send money to someone aged 16 and over with a UK mobile number who has an Ulster Bank mobile banking app or a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card.
- For payees that are Ulster Bank mobile app users, they will be notified by SMS and funds will reach their account instantly.
- You must have available funds to send from your account (including any overdraft facility).
- Our mobile banking app is available to eligible Ulster Bank account holders with a debit card, online banking and a UK mobile number.