Questions your business may have around coronavirus
Icon expand Are the branches staying open?
We’re doing everything we can to keep our branch services running for customers. Unfortunately we’re unable to keep all our branches open today and our remaining branches are operating on reduced hours.
We're prioritising core opening hours from 10am until 3pm. Please help us support those who need us most. Our colleagues in branches and contact centres are working incredibly hard in difficult circumstances. Please don't visit your branch unless it's critical and if you do, please practice safe social distancing.
Icon expand How can I make a deposit while social distancing?
If you need to deposit cash and cheques, there are a few options which can help you maintain safe social distancing.
- If you’re already signed up for our Fast lodgement service, you won’t need to use our cashier service, and you can use the receipt as pay-in evidence.
- In branches with Bulk Coin In machines (BCI) you’ll be able to empty the bags of unsorted coin to be automatically counted and then take your receipt to the branch colleague at the front desk, who can lodge the receipt in your account.
- You can also place orders for cash and coin
- You can still use Night safes, which will be emptied and items processed as usual although there may be delays if the branch is temporarily closed
- Open Credits – if your branch is closed, although it’s not possible to transfer Open Credits between branches your nearest open branch will be able to help you
- Post Offices offer banking services and remain open as an essential service. You can find information on opening times and services offered here.
Icon expand Can I pay in cheques if I'm unable to visit a branch?
If you can't reach your branch or nearest Post Office, you can post cheques to the following address:
PO Box 21
41 The Drapery
We can only accept cheques with a paying-in slip. You can order paying-in slips via Anytime Banking, or request paying-in books through Bankline if you have access. There are also a small number of paying-in slips at the back of your cheque book.
- Do not send cash; it will not be processed and there will be no way to return it.
- We can't pay a single cheque to multiple accounts, you can only pay in one or multiple cheques using a single paying-in slip.
- We'll process cheques within 5 working days of receipt.
You can deposit up to 10 foreign cheques drawn on overseas banks.
For larger volumes of foreign cheques, send them via a secure recorded delivery mail service to:
National Westminster Bank Plc
Overseas Clearing Team
Westcliff on Sea
Icon expand Is Ulster Bank participating in the NHS contact tracing service?
We are participating in the NHS Covid-19 contact tracing activity. This means we may share your phone and email contact details with the NHS contact tracing team if there is a risk you have been within two metres of someone who has symptoms of Covid-19.
Icon expand What are the changes announced by the government to the borrowing term for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)?
There are no changes to the maximum CBILS loan term of 6 years.
We’re working with the British Business Bank to confirm circumstances in which a borrower may be able to extend their loan tenor to greater than 6 years during the life of the loan
Icon expand Are there changes to the interest rate of CBILS following the government announcement 24 September?
There is no change to the CBILS interest rate.
Icon expand What support are you able to offer me if I'm struggling financially?
Our Relationship Managers and Business Banking teams are here to offer help mitigate the financial impact of coronavirus.
Support available includes:
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS). Loans from £2k to £50k, with no interest payments for 12 months.
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). Loans from £50,001 to £5 million and no interest payments for 12 months.
- Repayment holidays for up to 6 months on your Business Loan.
For more information about the government support available and how to access it, visit our government schemes page.
Icon expand My supply chain and/or cash flow has been affected. What help can you offer?
For our larger commercial and corporate customers, we can help hedge your Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate risks and assist with managing changing cash flows.
We are also ready to help you manage delay and disruption to your supply chains. Possible solutions include Supply Chain Finance (eligibility criteria applies, security may be required. Over 18s only), working capital facilities and short to medium term debt facilities.
Icon expand Can I switch my CBILS loan into the Bounce Back Loan Scheme?
If you've been approved for up to £50,000 under CBILS, we will shortly be in touch with you about switching to the Bounce Back Loan scheme.
You do not need to do anything at this time.
We are urgently seeking confirmation from the British Business Bank to determine how refinancing a CBILS loan into the Bounce Back Loan scheme will work within the terms of the scheme, including requests for additional funds, and as soon as that is agreed we will contact you.
Icon expand Where can I get advice about tax?
Talk to HMRC about managing payments. You can set up a Time to Pay agreement to delay debt collection.
Call the HMRC coronavirus Helpline:
0800 015 955
Read more about Time to Pay on the government website.
Icon expand What is Hardship Rate Relief?
If your business has been adversely affected by coronavirus, you may be eligible to apply for help to pay your rates.
Non-domestic properties affected by the virus, including buildings owned or used by voluntary organisations, may be eligible.
For more information, call 0300 200 7801 or visit nibusinessinfo.co.uk.
Icon expand Where else can I get business advice and support?
Icon expand I now need to take payments over the phone, online or contactless. How do I do it?
Tyl by NatWest provides payment services - over the phone, online, via link or in person – helping to adapt your business model. Keep customers and staff safe with more ways to pay with minimal contact.
At this time of need, waived terminal rental fees until the end of 2020. 3G connectivity charges will also be waived until the end of June or longer. So, with our standard no minimum monthly transaction fees, you only pay for what you use.
Please note that Ulster Bank is a part of NatWest Group.